The ERM Manager will collaborate with the C Levels and various Heads of Department to develop and implement plans to anticipate, address, and mitigate the effects of various business risks and/or interruptions.
• Collaborates with the relevant C Levels and Heads of Department in developing and maintaining a business risk mitigation and recovery plan, and reviewing and/or advising on how to improve existing plans and procedures.
• Jointly conducts risk assessments with U Mobile departments and functions, analyzing potential business impact of unpredictable business risks e.g. natural disasters, IT security breach, technical faults, market disruptions etc.
• Collaborates with IT and Network staff to develop and implement best practices to protect and restore data and systems in the event of natural disasters, viruses, hackers etc.
• Collaborates with other U Mobile staff to develop and implement business recovery operations and methods to allow U Mobile to function at limited or partial capacity in the event that part or all of the infrastructure is damaged or destroyed.
• Develops and provides staff training on risk management and business continuity concepts and principles.
• Works with health, safety, security and insurance staff to align U Mobile’s risk management and emergency management plan with established best practices and standards.
• Manage and handle insurance related matters as part of company-wide risk mitigation.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree holder with 7 years working experience in enterprise risk management, business continuity and insurance management
- Ability to multi-task, attention to details, good problem-solving, analytical & good report writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel & PowerPoint
- Possesses telco or digital financial services industry experience will be an added advantage