To provide legal and contract management support to the division / business in order to ensure that all contracts are taken, executed and implemented in line with the business requirements, process, policies and exposure to risk is minimized and mitigated appropriately.
- Discuss, draft and prepare contracts in coordination with internal stakeholders to meet requirements of the Company and ensure compliance with the Company's policies, procedures and guidelines. To recommend, formulate and put in place improvements to increase efficiency.
- Review and negotiable amendments in contracts by vendors, Strategize and provide continuous legal and contract management support and advise internal stakeholders during negotiations with vendors and when necessary, their legal counsels. To assume an active and substantially independent role in handling more complex and strategic contracts requiring in-depth discussion and negotiation.
- Identify potential risks and liabilities in contracts, propose and negotiate amendments to minimize or mitigate the risks and liabilities, using judgment in balancing commercial / legal considerations against the requirements of the business, and to secure required benefits and entitlements in contracts in conformity with the requirements of the division / business. To periodically review existing contracts to ensure applicability and consistency with the Company's business and to provide recommendations and take steps to improvise contracts.
- Interface with specialist departments within the Company, including Tax and Treasury Departments to obtain advice and guidance. Evaluate and apply such advice and guidance in a manner appropriate to the situation at hand and to the requirements of the division / business. Where required, to proactively work with specialist departments to incorporate relevant terms and conditions as recommended by such departments in existing and future contracts.
- Provide opinions and attend to post contract issues and queries raised regarding the contracts. Ensure the flow down of the head contract terms and conditions to the appropriate division/ business in relation to the executed contracts. Where appropriate, to negotiate resolutions and provide solutions in order to minimize cost and risk to the Company. To attend to complex post contract issues and to advise relevant stakeholders in protecting the organization.
- Prepare and finalize contracts together with annexures / appendices. Arrange with internal stakeholders for signing and return of the contracts. Prepare contract summary forms for sign-off by management. Scan and archive signed and stamped contracts.
- Monitor and manage expiration of contracts and attend to timely renewals via the contract management tool. Ensure safe keeping and good record of contracts and related security documents.
- Attend to any other legal and contact management matters assigned form time to time.
- Degree in Law
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating IT and telecommunication related contracts.