Duties & Responsibilities
- To lead Network Facilities Management that is responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining the ToC’s data centre/switch room’s rack space, power and cooling requirements to meet U Mobile’s network growth requirements.
- To ensure all U Mobile ToCs are meeting all the necessary health and safety standard requirements from all relevant agencies and local councils.
- To comply standard requirement as per the Malaysia Energy Commission Authority Requirements, Act 1990, Regulation 1994.
- To ensure the effectiveness of a facility to provide an efficient and safe working environment for employees and their activities by using best business practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the needs of the company
- To analyse project and operational cost for all ToCs (incl Tx hubs) and preparing the necessary budgets.
- To develop a new SOP for day-to-day operations and optimizing resource allocation for all ToCs (incl mini hubs).
- To develop a training plan to ensure all the NFM staffs are sufficiently trained and familiar with the operation of all critical equipments.
- Planning and coordination all facilities equipment maintenance schedules and activities. A yearly master list with monthly to do list (PM , TNB Failover test, load test ..etc) plan.
- To develop and implement cost reduction initiatives.
- Degree in Telecommunication / Electrical /
Electronic Engineering with minimum of 10 years working in Data Centre Facilities
especially related to telecommunication.
- Experience in implementing big data center
facilities upgrade which includes dealing with all relevant authorities to meet
all the necessary guidelines/regulations.
- Experience in running the data center operations
in telecommunication environment.
- Result orientated with a strong initiative to
learn, flexible approach and ability to work independently.