- The hire is to manage the data analytics required for optimal data pipeline and data science processing, to increase business revenue by extracting better customer insights and improve products efficiency. The resource is responsible to design and optimization data science models for business use cases.
- KPI (Key Performance Index) setting for direct reports, monitor and periodic review to assure KPI met.
- Overseeing the management of the data analytics required for data pipeline and data science processing; giving leadership to the team and developing staff.
- Manage Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) and Operational Expenditure (OPEX) budget.
DATA SCIENCE ANALYTICS
- Developing and implementing U Mobile Data Science strategy and roadmap.
- Subject matter expert of advanced analytics methodology and machine learning algorithm.
- Understanding business objectives and developing data science solutions that help to achieve business goals, along with metrics to track their progress.
- Help stakeholders understand the potential, limitations and results of data product.
- Implement predictive modeling, multivariate analysis, research design, association rules, time series analysis, survival analysis, forecasting and optimization techniques to formulate and solve data analysis problems.
- Planning and monitoring of all activities related to Data Science Analytics. Scope of work includes establishing of design, development, validation, fine-tuning, deployment, monitoring and update of model from time to time.
- Understanding the challenges of explainable algorithms, applying modern explainable methods to measure their fairness.
- Managing the daily operation and implementation of new data analytics use cases.
- Ensuring compliance and governance is met.
- Protecting the intellectual property of the organisation at all times.
- Provides overall leadership in the areas of machine learning, feature engineering, and artificial intelligence.
PARTNERS AND VENDORS MANAGEMENT
- Manage and monitoring of KPIs to ensure all partners’ deliveries are done accordance to contract specification as well as T&C.
TIMELY REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
- Manage collaboration and relationship between different departments in delivering solutions to meet customers’ business needs.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Coordinates activities to meet project deadlines; prioritizes conflicting stakeholders requests.
- Reporting to the Audit committee and being an active member of the management team.
- Periodic reporting of project status and escalation of issues as and when required.
- Conduct project post mortems to identify successful project elements and improvement areas.
- Responsible for managing all Data Science Analytics related incidents.
- Undertake any other duties and functions that are assigned by the HOD and CIO.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
in Computer Science / IT / Electrical & Electronic / Telecommunication or
- Minimum 10 years in similar position in Telecommunication,
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) or relevant industry.
- Creative thinking – able to look at alternatives and consider new ways of thinking to problem solve.
- Forms business partnerships that help drive the IT data strategy forward.
- Strong customer focus – able to meet the demands of internal and external customers.
- Thrives on change, showing an impressive ability to drive the IT strategy forward.
- A passion for technology and data safeguarding with a desire to deliver.
- Experience in Cloud-based technologies is an added advantage.
- Experience in programming language such as Python, Java, etc. is an added advantage.
- Digital leadership skills – capable of empowering and leading an IT team to meet business and IT goals.
- Analytical mind capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to senior management.
- Excellent communication skills – providing verbal and written communication that is outstanding to both direct reports and senior management as well as other stakeholders.
- Flexible and adaptable – capable of changing direction where required and showing flexibility to meet new demands.
- Multi-tasking – can manage several concurrent projects and prioritise demands.
- Vendor Management- able to manage vendors and hold them to their contractual deliverables.
- Managing departmental budget CAPEX and OPEX.
- Possessed capability to make well informed decision in timely manner, to do presentation and good communication skill.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with latest data and analytics technologies.
- Experience in data science tool(s).
- Experience in Databases such as Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, etc.
- Experience in big data tool such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience in report development tool such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience in Excel and Pivot Table.
- Experience in Shell scripting tool, such as PowerShell, BASH, etc.