- The strategy & business development role is responsible for the co-formulation of a strategy and roadmap to realize UM’s digital enterprise ambitions. The role will drive key business development activities, including but not limited to vendors, partner collaboration and new customer leads / relationships.
Key Experiences and Qualifications
- Research and identify business opportunities; new markets/ growth areas, technology and trends in the telco and digital space.
- Establish relationships, collaborate and strategize with vendors, technology / business partners to innovate new services to enterprise/business customers.
- Establish sales/channel strategy, build sales channels for enterprise products; The role shall require the individual to setup channels and also lead (other team members) in the management of sales channels.
- Benchmark current market incentives, commission structures of channel partners and be able to device a structure to sell UM SME/enterprise products.
- Generate leads, establish and maintain channel/partner and key-customer relationships.
- Establish framework, design and implement processes and provide requirements to automation/digitization of systems to support enterprise order fulfillment.
- Develop thought leadership, initiates/ leads (and sometimes supports) pre-sales/sales pitches to potential partners and customers.
- Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Computer Sciences / Telecommunications / IT or Business Management - MBA an added advantage.
- At least 15 years in corporate strategy, pre-sales, consulting with a focus on the telco, IT or digital space.
- Have experience with business development and managing telecommunications channel/trade partners.
- Strategic and analytical mindset
- Strategic and a very analytical mindset
- Ability to articulate thoughts in a logical, concise and convincing manner.
- Business / commercially savvy.
- Financial modelling and calculation of incentives/commissions for channel partners and resellers.
- Excellent communicator and strong ability to influence.
- Outgoing, extroverted and able to engage / build business relationships with C-suite audiences.